Pastoral Care Worker
PASTORAL CARE WORKERS PROVIDE PASTORAL
AND PRACTICAL SUPPORT TO:
- • STUDENTS by listening, taking an interest in them,
- being involved with their daily lives, facilitating
- activities and seminars and being a positive role
- • STAFF by being a supporting resource, providing
- a listening ear, encouragement, friendship and
- supporting their personal wellbeing
- • FAMILIES by being a person of contact, listening,
- caring, providing support in times of crisis as well as
- being a referral to support services
- • COMMUNITY by being a link between churches,
- the wider community and the school community
TOP 3 ISSUES FOR STUDENTS USING CHAPLAINCY
- Bullying and Harassment
- School Behaviour
53% OF STUDENTS REQUIRE ONGOING PASTORAL SUPPORT
TOP 3 ISSUES FOR PARENTS USING CHAPLAINCY
- Concern for Child
- Mental Health
41% OF PARENTS REQUIREONGOING PASTORAL SUPPORT
OUR PASTORAL CARE WORKER:
Born and bred in Adelaide, love sport (especially footy,
cricket, tennis and basketball) and enjoy reading, walking, comedy shows, movies, travelling and spending time with my family. My favourite shops are Dymocks and
I am married to Andrew and a mother of3 children aged 11, 14 and 16. We love living in West Beach and being a part of the
community here. I have been involved at WBPS as a parent and volunteer for the last 5 years.
For over 20 years I have worked in many ways with children and families including playgroups, Kids Clubs and various children’s programs.
I have been employed as a Pastor for the last 10 years and am passionate about helping children and families to grow and thrive.
I look forward to meeting you and serving the school community in my role as your Pastoral Care Worker.